24/7 EMERGENCY SERVICE RESIDENTIAL & COMMERCIAL SERVICES
BEWARE OF HOUSEHOLD WATER DAMAGE: LOOK FOR THESE 4 SIGNS
Water damage can be a major problem for homeowners in just about every part of the country. The average cost of a home water damage insurance claim is approximately $6,965.
If you notice any water damage inside your home, there are a few things you need to do right away. Before you address these issues, however, you should know how to properly identify all the warning signs pertaining to water damage:
- Smell — Moisture rotting away inside your home can produce a terrible smell after a while. Dampness has a very distinct odor and is usually partnered with mold, which is damaging in itself. If you notice any bad odors coming from your home, it’s best to check it out right away. Mold has its own smell and can cause serious health concerns.
- Sound — Water damage can even have a sound. If you hear dripping water, creaking floorboards, or rushing and splashing water — you could have some major issues on your hands. Some of these sounds are normal, however, but it’s best to have them inspected by a plumber if anything has changed.
- Discoloration — Look around your home for streaks of water that are running down the walls. This could mean that your roof’s gutters are overflowing. You should be able to see exactly where the water poured down the wall.
- Pooling — An easy way to identify water damage inside your home is locating a puddle of water. Make note of any pools of water when you first see them, mop them up, and keep an eye on that area to see if the puddle comes back. If pooling occurs again, you most likely have a leak.
If you are experiencing significant water damage inside your home, you must act quickly. Here’s what to do:
- Stop the flow of the water.
- Turn off your power.
- Inspect for mold.
- Consult with an experienced plumber.
- Hire a water damage cleanup service.
If you’re in need of 24-hour emergency plumbing services and want to work with an experienced and professional plumber, give Hydroforce Cleaning Systems a call right away.